Friday 3 April 2020

An Introduction to the Meditations on the Scriptural Stations of the Cross (for 2020)

Many, including myself, are feeling that we have been abandoned during this difficult time of the COVID-19 pandemic. In fact, I am sure that many of my parishioners feel abandoned by me as well as I have not done anything visibly significant during this time when public masses have been suspended. I knew of the Scriptural Stations of the Cross that were celebrated by Pope St. John Paul II. I had not ventured to meditate on them being content with the traditional stations. Just the other day, as I was thinking of how to do more for my parish in terms of prayer and sacrifice during this Lent, the Scriptural Stations came to mind. I have prayed them and would like to share my meditations with those who would not mind the reflections of a limited and sinful man trying to be a good pastor.

Starting tomorrow, I will post the meditations of two stations each day. On Good Friday, the meditations of the last two stations would be posted. Hopefully, it would give those who decide to read them something to reflect and meditate on.

God Keep us and Bless us during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment